Bias and Hogwash

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
  • "We have the right to deny any appeal or report for any reason without needing to provide an explanation."
I understand administration on a Minecraft server has all the power over the players, but this rule can be good or bad when applied to a multitude of situations. In my situation I believe it is being abused and fueled by bias from events that took place years ago.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I noticed that xxBen in particular has the mentality of "he has played here long enough he should know better" when it comes to my punishments. This is exactly what happened when it came to the discord ban. I received absolutely no warnings on the Discord in the past X amount of years I've been in the discord server yet Ben says I have received plenty of warnings. The only thing I think he could be referring to is my history of previous mutes or bans on the server for exploiting years ago, but half of those were false bans and all ban/mute history is cleared anyways. If the staff team wants to be so rigid and uptight about the rules then why are they considering events that happened years ago when it comes to a ban in the present? I don’t know what this could be classified as other than bias.
1.PNG

Any time I make an appeal I make sure to provide plenty of reasoning based only on truth as to provide a solid argument for an unban, yet the staff team decides not to address my arguments and instead respond with a generic statement like “management have decided to keep the ban in place”. Well xxBen is management. The one who claims I received plenty of warnings even though my record on the Discord server is clean and I in fact received zero warning before an instant perm ban. In my latest ban appeal, Kiot said I would remain banned on the minecraft server for the “fairness” of the other players, even though I clearly pointed out how my hacking ban is different than other bans because I did it by accident and did not use any cheats to gain an unfair advantage, so it would be unfair to give me the same punishment as an actual cheater who did it maliciously. The ruleset gives staff the ability to ignore my logical arguments and respond with a nonsensical counterpoint and immediately lock the thread before considering common sense. In my first appeal for the discord ban, xxBen deliberately ignored my statement about staff bias by making the argument that staff bias doesn’t exist anymore since I haven’t received a punishment in so long. I would get the quote exactly, but staff have removed my previous appeals for some reason, probably as another way to ignore my arguments.
2.PNG

That brings me to my last point that at any moment staff can just respond to this thread by threatening to ban me from the forums if I bring the topic of my discord ban up again. They can choose not to respond to my argument in a mature manner and instead abuse the rule and allow bias to continue. They can ignore the bias again and sweep my concerns under the rug because they hate the MKW. Hogwash.

Ben

Manager
Staff member
Reaction score
It's crazy that you all of a sudden care so badly, especially after calling the server dead and shit, as well as terrorizing players, expressing your lack of care for the server and making an unwelcome environment for new players.

This server is run by volunteers, I frankly don't care if you don't like the rule. Forget your history, you hacked on the server and showed a screenshot with a client on, we ban immediately for that. You send an extremely insensitive video on the discord, we ban immediately for that. There is no bias here considering we have done this same exact punishment to dozens of players before you.

Get your head out of your ass and stop thinking the world revolves around you. Grow up and learn to be a decent person.

Thread locked.

PS: Nice try attempting to make us look bad by saying we deleted the threads when they were simply just moved to a different section called "Appeals" with all the other appeals.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.